Within hours of its highly anticipated release, J.I.D’s sophomore album DiCaprio 2 topped the charts and received endless amounts of industry-wide acclaim! The 14-track album, released via Dreamville/Interscope Records, features hit collaborations with J. Cole, Joey Bada$$, 6LACK, Method Man, A$AP Ferg, Ella Mai, and more.
In case you haven’t already been convinced, here are 10 reasons to listen to DiCaprio 2:
1. Jimmy Fallon: “People are saying this is the best rap album of the year,” Jimmy Fallon exclaimed before introducing the rapper’s television debut.
2. Rolling Stone: “The standout Atlanta lyricist’s ‘DiCaprio 2’ is likely his best project to date”
3. Billboard: “J.I.D pairs skillful rhymes over headbanging beats to create an upbeat record and overall intoxicating feel.”
4. Stereogum: “Rap Mixtape as Masterclass” & “J.I.D is a devotee of anachronistic rap craftsmanship”
5. XXL: “DiCaprio 2 is one of the best rap albums of the year simply for its stellar lyrics and prodigious production.”
6. DJ Booth: “J.I.D’s “Skrawberries” inspired this article. The song exemplifies the notion of a superteam, with every player executing their role to a tee”
7. #1 Apple Music Hip/Hop chart
8. Hot New Hip Hop – 92% audience rating, 87% editor rating
9. Hot New Hip Hop – “JID closes off the year with a tour de force performance.”
10. DJ Booth – “DiCaprio 2 is well-paced; an explosive beginning, a reflective middle, and a closing climax that merge these two moods. It’s a wild ride that doesn’t stall for a second.”
Stream the knockout album below: